Entrepreneurial action is a wide range for different disciplines of research. Industry-sociologic issues regarding innovation behaviour, technological change or use of information technologies are included as well as personnel-related issues such as deployment in certain sectors or minimum wage or vocational education and training topics, e.g. in-company continuing education and training.
Surveys with companies respectively enterprises are a particular challenge in empirical research starting with the determination of the universe: Is the universe supposed to consist of companies (sites) or enterprises (resp. divisions)? This decision depends on the issue. Drawing a survey-adequate sample and, not least, also approaching contacts capable of providing information within the companies/enterprises are decisive for field success.
infas carries out surveys with companies resp. enterprises concerning different issues:
- innovation behaviour in German economy,
- use of information and telecommunication technologies,
- sector-specific deployment of personnel,
- minimum wage in selected sectors,
- costs and benefits of in-company continuing education and training,
- qualification requirements,
- shortage of qualified staff.