In social market economy social politics are the community' social safety net, which reduces individual and collective risks respectively lessens their effects.
Unemployment insurance (SGB III = Social Security Code Book III), social financial security for employable persons (SGB II), need-oriented basic income in old age and with reduction in earning capacity (SGB XII), pension and accident insurance (SGB VII/SGB VI), health insurance (SGB V), youth welfare service (SGB VIII) as well as the instruments of participation of disabled persons in society and professional life (SGB IX) are part of this subsidiary social security.
infas is involved in these areas of social politics with research, evaluations and expertises. Topics dealt with among others are the following:
- surveys and evaluations of labour market policy and financial security or employable persons,
- need-oriented basic income in old age and with reduction in earning capacity,
- surveys and evaluations of disabled persons participating in professional life,
- location surveys and impact analyses with regard to professional rehabilitation,
- experimental survey designs for impact analyses,
- social and professional inclusion of disabled persons.