infas conducts relevant studies in cooperation with integration offices, rehabilitation facilities and departmental research institutions.
People with physical or mental disabilities are hampered by their limited capabilities and environmental barriers in their ability to participate in social and economic life. The integration of disabled people into the community has long been a goal of social policy. Since the entry into force of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, there is also an international obligation to improve the participation of people with disabilities. A particular concern is currently being the first representative survey of disabled people in Germany.
infas carries out the following research within the framework of the participation survey:
- studies on the social situation and gainful employment of blind people,
- surveys on the structure of unemployed persons with disabilities,
- studies on initial and rehabilitation of rehabilitated persons,
- scientific support of model projects of vocational rehabilitation,
- surveys on working time requirements of workers in workshops for disabled people (WfbM).